1.25.2012

Crockpot Apple Butter

Home made Apple Butter...oh, wow, YUM! And it is so easy too!

I based my batch on this simple recipe from the Money Saving Mom website. 5 ingredients and a crockpot, now that is my kind of recipe!
 
What I did different: I only had 3 pounds of apples, so I halfed the recipe. I also didn't want to peel the apples, so I used my apple wedger to core and wedge the apples. Then I just tossed the apples in the crockpot added a smidge of vanilla and then set it....and forget it! ;) Before jarring the finished product, I threw it in the blender to make sure the peel wouldn't be noticed. The finished product is SO smooth!


It turned out sooOOO good! Next time I'll use a tad bit less sugar. The end product is super sweet and would still be delicious and a bit more healthy with less sugar.

Oh! And I can't forget the best part: free printable labels. I am a sucker for cute graphics and this is just perfect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment